Thursday 17 May 2012

My Neue Zeit

*Rolls up sleeves*

My God, do I ever have I bone to pick with this blog.

It's been gnawing at the back of my head like a carnivorous pumpkin planning a mass murder. I contemplated leaving it in an epic HALT, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's got to do.

'I am the epitome of a walking contradiction for various reasons, only one of which being that I feel my existence is of heaven and hell.' - Kim Elizabeth.

I wonder whether Kim Elizabeth ironed her own clothes.. I know I do!

Somewhere in between the last update and this, I learnt to play billiard.

Sticks and stones...oh wait, I meant ball.
Professional beginner at work.
Note that the white ball MISSED the yellow ball.

Someone has got to come up with a saying about never underestimating a beginner. Should there be one, I could have quoted it. It's pretty simple really. I almost (very nearly) beat Papa at his favourite sport. Or maybe one of his favourite. We agreed to a three game play. Naturally, the winner of two games emerges as the champion.

The first part of the match was marred by my unability to hit the ball. I could tell that Papa was secretly basking in my limited capacity. And I suppose that's when he let his guard down. He won the first game. Barely made it though. In the second game, I found my rhythm and grabbed the final ball at the very last moment. As for the third game, Papa raced to a very early lead. But I caught up in my own (ridiculously) slow pace. When it mattered most, Papa came through. I put it down to experience.

I refuse to overshadow my aptitude for billiard by crediting beginner's luck. I think I've finally found my thing. Now all that's left to do is to convince my dad I'm going to pursue a career in billiard.

Guess who got a parcel from home!?

Last Saturday, Papa, Lisa and I went to Rostock. Rostock's a fairly large town (like a city-town) with some very cool looking buildings. Papa actually had a sailors' gathering. We drove towards the harbour which is where the gathering was held. There were LOTS of people and everyone was eating Fischbrötchen. I really didn't have the heart to ignore my tummy's pleas for meat so I passed on the fish and got some Bratwurst instead.

Papa was all smiles and oozing excitement the whole time. He met up with some of his old pals from twenty (or so) years ago. As they chatted up a storm, I went to watch this group of old men dressed in shiny black suits playing some pretty good music.

When Papa was done, we drove into the town and went walking in the Zentrum which is like the town centre. I absolutely fell in love with the bookshop, which funnily enough is called Jokers. Got myself a German storybook too.

Saw this guy with killer tatoos in a mall.
Papa and I had the joy of having the whole cinema to ourselves for The Avengers. Until two more guys came in.

I think I'm starting to appreciate the value of money now. Like the other day, I thought that if I turned my head one more time while travelling in the train from school back home, I might have to put on a neck brace. I actually had no money. Zilch. Not even a cent, much less four euros and five cents which is what the ride costs. Oh, and I kept looking over my shoulder because I would have to make my escape if the the ticket guy came. Thankfully he didn't. I now realise that having cash in my hand keeps me in peace. This is going to be a fun year of self-discovery. I can tell.

Lisa's Auto after a nice shower.
I like going for a swing every now and then.
Right : DVD's I've watched. Left : What I've yet to watch.

Although, not all the movies were good. I remember one that was completely and utterly atrocious. I'll just put it this way; it's like your mood's so foul from the plot shenanigans you want to hurl two cartons of rotten tomatoes at your tv screen. Problem was, I didn't have rotten tomatoes.

I'm not crazy, I'm just a teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment